The Events Coordinator position will supplement the events department under the mentoring and supervision of the Director of Events. This includes the opportunity to learn contract negotiation, budget creation, venue site selection, food and beverage orders, managing a large-scale hotel room block and other logistics needed to execute a successful event.
The Events Coordinator will be assigned a state chapter region in conjunction with the Director of Events to learn company culture, processes and proper compliance procedures.
The coordinator will support small state chapter activist’s events and chapter meetings. They will manage attendee registration and inform communications team of its trending. They will attend state chapter weekly calls and look for opportunities to support them in an events capacity role. Please note, the ability to travel domestically at least once a month should be expected.
• Assist State Directors with event logistics and preparation to include venue site selection, food and beverage options and hotel room block all within company compliance procedures
• Manage event contract approval process and submittal for those which you are responsible
• Assist Director of Events with large national scale events by supporting specific parts of the overall program under supervision
• One year’s event planning experience at college level or professional level
• Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving and organizational skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience with Eventbrite is a must
• Excellent foresight into project management and ability to approach an event from overall perspective
• Ability to learn new skills and processes that all contribute to event planning process.
• Ability to travel domestically monthly for up to 1-3 days at a time
• Willingness and desire to work independently, as well as collaboratively, and to take on additional responsibilities
• Integrity, humility, and an entrepreneurial attitude
• A firm commitment to advancing every individual's right to economic freedom and opportunity through free markets
Software Powered by iCIMS