The Field Director II will create, manage, and implement a strategic plan to drive freedom-oriented policies in their community for Americans for Prosperity - Florida. They will recruit, train, and provide a platform for volunteers through grassroots activities such as phone banking, door to door canvassing, and neighborhood events based on the organization’s strategic goals. The ideal candidate will have a background in grassroots advocacy and project management.
• Create the strategic plan to build grassroots relations in the community with political, business, media and community leaders.
• Work with senior leadership in the state to develop and manage local budget
• Train and mentor other team members on how to build a strong grassroots presence to champion freedom oriented policies in their community.
• Mobilize and educate grassroots activists through phone banking, door to door canvassing, and neighborhood events on state-based policy initiatives
• Represent the organization by attending and speaking at local grassroots events for recruitment and education purposes
• Organize and plan state and local educational rallies and other grassroots events, including the phone bank setup process and door to door canvassing
• Extensive years of experience with grassroots operations and/or event planning required.
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
• Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively with state and national staff, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, environment
• Willingness to perform all duties as listed and any other duties assigned
• Willingness to travel for day and overnight trips in and out of state
• Proven ability to work remotely and in an office environment
• Competency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Integrity, humility, and an entrepreneurial attitude
• A positive attitude and an earnest interest in providing good customer service to our members, partners and all state chapters
• A firm commitment to advancing every individual’s right to economic freedom and opportunity through free markets
• Must have valid driver’s license
Software Powered by iCIMS