Do you live in the Indianapolis area and want to be involved with an organization that works to develop leaders, builds authentic grassroots communities, and fights for more freedom in Indiana and the country? Do you enjoy being around people? If so, you may be the perfect fit to represent Americans for Prosperity in Indianapolis!
The Field Director II will create, manage, and implement a strategic plan to drive freedom-oriented policies in their community. They will recruit, train, and provide a platform for volunteers through grassroots activities such as phone banking, door to door canvassing, and neighborhood events based on the organization’s strategic goals. They will have the opportunity to build a community of individuals and leaders that can fight for a free society by providing resources, trainings, and speakers that can make an impact in the community. The ideal candidate will have a background in volunteer management and project management.
• Represent the organization by attending and speaking at local grassroots events for recruitment and education purposes
• Organize and plan trainings, state and local educational rallies, and other grassroots events to advance the organizations strategic goals and policy objectives
• Develop leaders to become social change entrepreneurs
• Mobilize and educate grassroots activists through phone banking, door to door canvassing, and neighborhood events on federal, state, and local policy initiatives
• Create the strategic plan to build grassroots relations in the community with political, business, media, and community leaders.
• Work with senior leadership in the state to develop and manage local budget
• Train and mentor other team members on how to build a strong grassroots presence to champion freedom oriented policies in their community.
• 2-4 years’ experience with volunteer management and/or event planning required
• Has a network of individuals within the Indianapolis area
• Must be relational and skilled in building relationships
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
• Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively with state and national staff, in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
• Effective time management skills and the ability to strategically plan for 1-3 months in advance
• Willingness to perform all duties as listed and any other duties assigned
• Willingness to travel for day and overnight trips in and out of state
• Must possess a positive attitude and an earnest interest in providing good customer service to our members, partners and all state chapters
• Proven ability to work remotely and in an office environment
• Must demonstrate integrity, humility, and an entrepreneurial attitude
• A firm commitment to advancing every individual’s right to economic freedom and opportunity through free markets
• Must have valid driver’s license
Software Powered by iCIMS