Can you pronounce Miami the Okie way? Do you believe in the “Labor Conquers All” spirit of limited government? Do you love speaking to folks about why freedom is the best way of life? Are you a leader who can motivate and challenge others to fight for the American Dream in the Sooner State? Sounds like you are the perfect Field Director for Americans for Prosperity - Oklahoma!
The Field Director II will create, manage, and implement a strategic plan to drive freedom-oriented policies in their community. They will recruit, train, and provide a platform for volunteers through grassroots activities such as phone banking, door to door canvassing, and neighborhood events based on the organization’s strategic goals. The ideal candidate will have a background in volunteer management and project management.
• Represent the organization by attending and speaking at local grassroots events for recruitment and education purposes
• Organize and plan state and local educational rallies and other grassroots events to advance the organizations strategic goals
• Mobilize and educate grassroots activists through phone banking, door to door canvassing, and neighborhood events on federal, state, and local policy initiatives
• Create the strategic plan to build grassroots relations in the community with political, business, media and community leaders.
• Work with senior leadership in the state to develop and manage local budget
• Train and mentor other team members on how to build a strong grassroots presence to champion freedom oriented policies in their community.
• 2-4 years’ experience with volunteer management and/or event planning required
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
• Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively with state and national staff, in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
• Willingness to perform all duties as listed and any other duties assigned
• Willingness to travel for day and overnight trips in and out of state
• Must possess a positive attitude and an earnest interest in providing good customer service to our members, partners and all state chapters
• Proven ability to work remotely and in an office environment
• Competency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Must demonstrate integrity, humility, and an entrepreneurial attitude
• A firm commitment to advancing every individual’s right to economic freedom and opportunity through free markets
• Must have valid driver’s license
Software Powered by iCIMS